Pages

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Virginia

So I took the plunge, I did it.
I'm in LA. 
The fact that I came on a one-way ticket and won't have a return flight to Virginia hasn't fully hit me yet.
I don't know if it's the nerves talking right now, but I'm not gonna lie. I am starting to get a little bit homesick for Virginia. Yes, I said it. Homesick for Virginia. (I know right, who woulda thought?)


(I'm thinking of getting this cute wall art for my new apartment, what do y'all think?)


After living there for four years, a big huge part of me has decided to stay there. And who could blame it?

Virginia was where I turned from a girl into a woman. Virginia has molded and shaped me into the woman I am today. She's shown how strong I could become, and yet, mellowed me out for the best. She's shown me that home doesn't always have to be a big city. She's provided me with the most amazing best friends, some of them who have become part of my family. She's given me the best undergraduate education I could've asked for and introduced me to the most amazing sorority, which was my home-away-from home whenever I was on campus. 

Bottom line is, I miss Virginia. And I'm looking for staples that'll remind me of the place I learned to call home. 


This adorable little necklace isn't too bold, so I could easily pop it on whenever I feel nostalgic. There are only two left on Zappos, so I better get on it soon! 



This scarf has been sitting in my shopping cart for over a month. I even contemplated getting it every time I went to the Lilly store, but never got it for. Now that I'm here in LA, I am definitely going back to my cart and hitting the checkout button. 


If any of y'all could think of other VA things I would like, please please please lemme know! 


With lots of love from the West Coast! 
- Joy



1 comment:

  1. As someone else who gets homesick from time to time, I can definitely say that having little bits of home around the house certainly helps.
    Best of luck on your new adventure in LA! :)

    ReplyDelete